With the objective of finding a common interest, improving inter-cooperation and the development of sustainable tourism with the stakeholders in the broader area of Kornati National Park, the Kornati National Park Public Institution established the Forum on Sustainable Tourism Development, the participants of which took part in creating a Sustainable Tourism Strategy and contributing to defining the Charter Area.
The Forum on Sustainable Tourism Development is composed of the representative of the public (Municipality of Murter-Kornati, Municipality of Tisno, Šibenik-Knin County, Ministry of Tourism, Croatian Chamber of Trades and Crafts, Croatian Chamber of Economy, tourist boards, polytechnics etc.), private (local product manufacturers, travel agencies, ship-owners, diving centres, agricultural cooperatives, hospitality and catering providers) and civil sectors (various local and regional associations).
In total, five meetings of the Forum held during Strategy development process. Agreements on cooperation in the implementation of the Strategy have to date been signed by 40 institutions.
Members of Forum’s Advisory Board are:
- Petar Ježina (Kornati Agricultural Cooperative),
- Toni Turčinov (Kornati Agricultural Cooperative),
- Luka Ježina (the Argonauta Association),
- Martina Markov (Kornati National Park),
- Melina Turčinov (the Kurnatari Association),
- Željko Jerat (the Lateen Sail/Latinsko idro Association).